Friday, June 10, 2011

What Does A Bike Ride And Life Have In Common?

While riding my bike today, it occurred to me that riding a bike is kind of like life…

Just as I had to pedal harder when riding against the wind, we will have to put forth more effort and try harder when we are faced with resistance...

Just as I came across several bumps and potholes along the way, we will have many hurdles to cross over throughout our journey...

Just as I was “pushed” off the road several times by passing cars and was forced to ride through the rough grass (because there are no sidewalks in my subdivision), we will be knocked off of the smooth and familiar path from time to time and have to withstand the bumpy ride...

And just as I was chased down the road by a barking dog (I guess it didn’t like me singing), we will often times have to deal with mean, rude, and difficult people in life.

When I got on that bike several months ago for the first time in years, I struggled. I remember my legs burning as I pedaled, but over time my legs got stronger and it got easier. But even still, there are some days that are windier than others, making it harder to pedal. There are even days when, out of nowhere, I’m being chased by a barking dog. And like the challenges that can arise during a bike ride, the challenges we face in life may be painful and discouraging... but as long as we continue to push through the struggles, the resistance, and the road blocks, we will continue to grow stronger!
BC

No comments:

Post a Comment